Between 6 months to 1 year of age you must introduce different solid foods to your baby. This is the time when your child is most receptive to new taste and flavours. A varied diet will ensure that he gets a good range of nutrients. Your child’s immune system reaches its full maturity when he is 5 years of age, so giving him all kind of nutrients from early age will help him stay healthy. Some of the top necessary nutrients include:-
- Iron for fighting infections: Iron rich food - Smashed Chickpeas.
- Vitamin A for building up of antibodies: Vitamin A rich food - Orange/ carrot.
- Vitamin C for cell protection: Vitamin C rich food - Oranges, kiwi, strawberry.
- Probiotics for boosting up of Good Bacteria: Food rich in Probiotic - Homemade curd /yogurt.
- Omega 3 for anti-inflammatory properties: Omega 3 rich food - Oily fish, potato.
- Zinc for cell build up and repairing wound: Diary products contain more zinc than plants.
- Vitamin B6 for healing: Food rich in Vitamin B6 - Bread, banana.