Preterm birth is common these days. Some say it is caused due to unhealthy lifestyle. A healthy pregnancy lasts between 37 to 42 weeks. Contraction of the uterus leads to Preterm birth where the labor starts before 37 weeks. Babies born before 37th week may have many health problems. They may need special care in the hospital.
Signs of preterm labor
- Bleeding from Vagina
- Flu like symptoms
- Sudden increase in the amount of fluid discharge from the birth canal
- Sudden change in the type of discharge (slimy water or bloody)
- Feeling of something that is not right
- Cramps Contraction ( tightening of the uterus ) that often do not go away
- Stomach pain
- A pressure in the stomach which will make you realize your baby is on the way.
- A dull back pain that is different from other days
- An urge to go to the toilet more than normal.
The longer your baby stays in the womb the less likely the child will have any health issues. Doctor can delay pre term labor. Talk about your concern and stay cautious.