Eating healthy food is important during pregnancy. It makes you feel better and helps your baby develop healthily.
Prunes are one of the most popular snacks among pregnant women. It is known to cure constipation like magic as it is rich in fiber, vitamins, potassium, iron, retinol and beta carotene.
Here are some benefits of prunes during pregnancy:
- It prevents joint and muscle pains during pregnancy.
- With high amount of iron and vitamin A it boosts the immune system, develops healthy eye sight and produces more blood which is extremely important during pregnancy.
- Eating prunes as a snack can reduce nausea and vomiting. Carry it everywhere you go and eat it whenever you feel hungry.
- The minerals and potassium found in prunes help in regulating nerve impulses and provide energy during pregnancy.
- Women with gestational diabetes are refrained from many food items. A prune with low sugar content and high fiber (0.7g) is ideal food for women with high blood sugar.
However intake of large amount of Prunes can cause diarrhea and gas problem.