Skin irritation in babies develops when the skin is covered by diaper or cloth. It is one of the most common problems among infants of age 6-12 months. These rashes are short lived and can be cured with proper care and cleanliness.
Here are some ways to keep diaper rashes at bay.
- Make your child go diaper free sometimes so that the bottoms get contact with air.
- Make sure you change the diaper frequently every 3-4 hours and immediately after any bowel movement.
- Keep the skin clean and apply ointment or powder. Powder absorbs moisture and reduces friction. It is always recommended to look out for the ingredients used in the baby products.
- Do not use clothes as diaper. Use disposable diaper.
- Do not use baby wipes if the rash turns into open sore. Also it is advised to choose alcohol free wipes for the skin.
- Always use soft towel for your baby to pat dry. Mild baby soap can keep the skin squeaky clean and away from rashes.